Saturday, May 06, 2006

random

Inspired by a blog ...just felt like jotting few random things...........

5 things you never want to forget

1) My first holy communion... Where I was the cynosure of all eyes...When a party was thrown in my honor or whatever........When I could stand in the middle of a photo shot...unlike before where I used to be part of fringe add ons in most family photo ops........That was the first time I shook hands with a huge number of well wishers...For the moment I was truly a celebrity (in my own eyes).....

2) Wining the painting competition while at school...Nothing beats the euphoria I had when the prize was announced. That certificate was the only armoury I possessed when my friends used to brandish those top scoring student certificates...Fastest 100m certificates...or best singer certificates.......Felt good to know I was good at least in something...

3) First time when I bought something for my parents with my own dough. It felt good to be in the other side after a long 23 years...It really clicked me at that point.”Raising and taking care of someone for 23 years is no big deal and I wont be able to repay them any day even if I promise them the sun ”

4) My occasional trip to gopalsamy betta near Mysore..This place is a hidden paradise. I do experience true bliss anytime I visit this place...A secluded hill top from where you can see the nilgiris in full flourish...

5) My first trip to my native place alone in a train. It was a feat indeed traveling alone on a four hour trip from Trivandrum to Kottayam when I was barely 13 years old...It was a radical shift from the journeys before where I was safely confined to my parent’s protective cocoon. The best part was when I was applauded by my relatives for my “heroic act.”.!!!


5 things you wish to forget

1) The day when I was caught copying in a exam at school...uh..I felt ashamed big time especially when I had to look at my parents face after that. Should say I was fried alive that day....

2) I was given an admirable role in a skit at school and was party to making it a disaster because I forgot my lines and the hour long skit was cut short to a few minutes as a result.

3) When I was caught skipping the Christmas mass and was found sleeping in the car along with my cousins. The high browed elders at home were not very lovable that time.....

4) The times when I spoke rudely to my parents when I was kid. Although for trivial reasons I still feel guilty about it.

5) The viva’s I had to endure at college when a blank faced ignorant bum like me had to configure engineering concepts that were as foreign to me as a Neanderthal man would have felt about internet.......

I would like to pass on this tag to others....guaranteed this gonna give you lotta pleasure pondering about good ol days............

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey this is a nice concept!!!
ill blog on it sometime too! uve got me tagged for sure :)
its always nice to remember the past right?! :D

Anonymous said...

So 'the Wanderer's Tag has bitten you too? :))

My first holy communion was special too, in fact I blogged about it in my other 'serious' blog. Forgetting lines was common as I took part in so many skits, but I always improvised :) Good one this!

mathew said...

@swathi
better write soon!!u have all the time in the world..

@silverline

oh I saw the other "serious" blog recently..great work!!